Shire of Denmark
953 South Coast Highway (PO Box 183), Denmark WA 6333
Ph. (08) 9848 0300 Fax: (08) 9848 1985
Area Where Dogs are Permitted
As per the Dog Act, dogs must be on a leash in any public place, including town sites, beaches, parks & gardens, car parks etc. with the exception that, on permitted beaches dogs may be exercised without restraint, but the owner must be in attendance and capable of restraining the dog if necessary.
The owner or person liable for the control of the dog may exercise the dog free of restraint on the following Reserves and Beaches:
Lights Beach District Map East Q7
Dogs are permitted to be exercised, in accordance with the Dog Act (exercise areas).
Parrys Beach District Map West M7
Dogs are permitted on the beach area but must be restrained in the public car park and camping area.
Boat Harbour District Map West J7
4WD access only. Dogs are permitted, but must be restrained or under the control of the owner.
Peaceful Bay District Map West F7
Dogs are not permitted on the swimming beach.
Dogs are permitted east of the main swimming area (boat launching side), as denoted by signs.
Dogs must be restrained within the town site and public areas.
- Reserve 15513 - portion of reserve on the corner of Barnett & Hollings Rd now known as ”Annie Harrison Park” (all grassed area). Town Centre Map
- Reserve 22248 - bounded by Inlet Drive and Crowea Road. Inlet Map F8
- Reserve 20578 - from the first bridge (closest to Ocean Beach Holiday Park) all land north all of the sand area to the south, except for grassed area around Prawn Rock Channel which is DOG FREE. District
Map East R6
Dogs are NOT permitted on the following Reserves and Beaches -
- Portion of reserve 20578 and 24596- total grassed area surrounding Prawn rock channel (both sides of channel), proceeding from the most southern pontoon bridge to a distance of 120 metres south Denmark Surf Life Saving Club. This means NO dogs except guide dogs are permitted within in this beach area.
- Berridge Park- Reserve 14376 total grass area. Town Centre Map
- Thornton Park- Reserve 19912 and 15700 total grass area. Town Centre Map
- William Bay National Park – within national park dogs are NOT permitted. District Map East P6
Denmark WA Holiday Accommodation and Information Guide - Holiday Accommodation - Dog Exercise Areas